Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Link pipes

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by deafwish, Aug 15, 2005.

1. I can buy sport mufflers (cans) pretty cheap from ebay and the likes.
    What i want to know is will it be expensive for an exhaust shop (car exhaust) to make a link pipe to suit?
    Will a good car exhaust shop be able to mandrel bend one or will i have to take it to a bike exhaust shop?
    stop messing about and buy a Megacycle or Staintune slip on (incl. link pipe)?

Daz. :wink:
  2. Aren't the link pipes on the headers?

Why do you need link pipes on the mufflers?
  3. Motorcycle exhaust have become ridiculasly expensive in the last 10 years. Everybody is making top end stuff and you get charged accordingly.

You should be able to go to a decend car exhaust place. Just follow the sound of the blow off valves.

Have a play with this first.

4. Oh time lapse just caught up with me, you mean the connecting pipe between the headers and a universal aftermarket muffler, that may actually make your bike run worse after fitting?
  5. Impossible.

There are mega buck Micron (and similar) systems out there to buy for the Hornet that are one of their universal mufflers with a stainless link pipe that connects just after the header collector.
    The Hornets system is two piece from factory......
    The headers and the link pipe/ muffler (can).

Can you buy exhaust hangers (brackets) from a bike shop?
  6. Yes, but you might find what you are looking for easier from an online accessories retailer.
  7. Staintune make an aftermarket for the Hornet. It's about $600 from memory. Fit and forget and it's got the magic sticker.
  8. What the?!
    You lost me there......!
  9. Its a NSW thing, the EPA noise test compliance thingo.