Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Limited to 10000rpm

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Zoobz, Jan 26, 2015.

1. #1 Zoobz, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Good Evening Ladies & Gents,

I decided do join this forum since I have been have a few issues with my 2011 Aprilia RS125, and was was hoping someone could shine some light on my situation.

I had recently purchased an 2011 RS125(Unrestricted), and all was going well. Only completed 2100kms and in immaculate condition. The last couple of rides, once I get to 10000RPM it make a sound as though it is hitting a rev limitter. I have posted a video on youtube please click spark plugand cleaned out by carb which was pretty clean anyway.

Anyone here know what the issue could be? Thanks in advance.

-Zoobz

2. is your fuel lean?

3. oh and the power valve does not give a 2 stroke any power
    it just limits fuel use in the lower rpm range, maybe its not opening properly

4. You are stretching my memory but I can vaguely remember reading somewhere that a tired battery can cause this. The Power valve solenoid can depress the voltage and reduce spark on the spark plugs.

As I say I can't remember where I read this so take it with a grain of salt. :) if you can borrow a battery you could try and see if it helps.

5. I had just cleaned my PV about 300kms ago. I will take it out for another inspection and clean. While it's out I will check the operation of the solenoid as well.

As for the battery issue, I was looking to replace the battery anyway. I'll check the voltage (drop) with the old and new battery.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

6. Use a multimeter to test the battery under cranking load. A fully charged batt fresh off the charger should read 14.4v and then trickle down slowly to 12-12.8v

Under load, the battery should not dip below 11v. If it does after a full charge, your battery is fcuked and you need a new one

If the bike is carbed it's also worth setting the pilot screws to stock settings.