Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Like a Supermodel??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by theiceman, Aug 21, 2009.

1. G'day All. Out for a spin today and noticed how many sports bike riders were out and about. Fortunately/unfortunately they were all sticking pretty much to the speed limit. How fkn frustrated do you sports riders get knowin' that ya can't just pin the ears back and twist it? Must be like dating a supermodel who's decided to save herself for marriage :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. A lot of us value our licences more than we value the momentary thrill. I can live without the buzz, but I couldn't work without my license....
  3. That's why God invented track days.

I'll happily punt around on the 1000cc superbike at close to legal speeds on public roads. But set me loose on the track and I'll ride like a proper twat. :twisted:
  4. I figured that would be the case. That and knowing a few quiet roads where ya can really fang it. :twisted:

I probably feel a bit sorry for the poor bugger(s) that might be doing a long haul interstate or similar. I reckon there's times I can actually see the frustration through their helmet.
  5. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean its not happening.

And track days are great if you like going fast while having no insurance.

Rather play frogger on the bike with cars anyway. (till i can afford a track bike)
  6. Momentary thrill FTW
  7. The road is a funny place for race bikes.