Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by bairdy, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Can anyone advise on a good auto electrician in the West Sydney area? I am looking to get some driving lights fitted to my Bandit, as at night the single beam is crap.

2. come on people?!
  3. I can't recommend one, as I do all that stuff my self. Not overly difficult to do either.
  4. From my experience (and hearing countless stories) good and auto electrician are never used in teh same sentence. I think the reason you're not getting a response is because generally, they're crap.

Regards, Andrew.
  5. thanks bonkers -

and whats that crap u enter about pushy and rude?

6. Acceptable forum etiquette:

Hi, I'm such and such from such and such good to meet you all.
    Can anyone help me with a problem?

Non-acceptable forum etiquette:

I have a problem. Gimmie gimmie gimmie!
    Why aren't you helping me fast enough.

If I wanted rude and pushy I'd talk to myself.
  7. bairdy,

I'll looking to do the same thing with a couple of small spotties low on the front to give me a little more clarity and visibility splitting in the dark.

I'm having trouble finding a sparkly that will work on bikes. if I fine one I'll let you know.

8. I added HID lights to my M109, and the output is equal to about 3-4 normal headlights (subjective!) Nice Blue/white glow from the lights, makes me noticeable during the day, and lights up my nights. I can see clearly up to about 160kmh, where I then have to use high beam.

Cost about $200 Aust, and an hour of install, and no bulky lights everywhere to damage/add wind resistance/fail.

Company name I bought a plug n play kit from is A&R motorsports in the USA. Took less than 2 weeks to get here.
  9. Bairdy instead of looking for someone to do it, give it a go yourself, I have a set of Hella micro DE lights on my GS, all you need is a relay, a fuse & some wire, find a place to fit the relay where it will be protected, you need power & an earth from the battery & an trigger power from you existing high beam, just follow the instructions from the relay. It’s really quite simple, fitting the lights would be the hardest part, I bought some brackets from an overseas supplier & did the rest. Good luck.
  10. Lighting & Bonkers

Thanks for the tips guys; appreciated! Bonkers hope you are enjoying yourself!