Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Life is good

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Roarin, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Finished a pipe welding job on site today at about lunch time. Seeing it was such a nice day the rest of the day at work was cancelled due to lack of interest :D :D Home we go, on with the leathers, fire up the bike & I'm off. Through the back roads down to Anglesea & then on to Lorne & Apollo bay. I dont care who bags the Ocean road but I still reckon its a blast in the middle of the week. Cruise along the straight bits & through the towns until you hit the corners then off we go :D There was some great scenery down there today let me tell you -hard to concentrate in spots. Nearly to Apollo bay & the bike stutters & stops. WTF? Hit the starter & shes dead as a door nail. New battery last week so it must be the regulator/rectifier. Cool off for a bit, push start & off we head for home. Turn off at Lorne & head up over the ranges through to Deans Marsh -thats a really neat bit of road, only 1 mobile chicane to pass & the rest of the road is mine :D :D Back through all the little back roads into Geelong & a visit to the local bike electrician. New regulator & a good yarn to a few bike riding dudes in there & the bikes as good as new. Fire up & another 1/2 hour cruise out of town & around -this is to recharge the battery you see, way more fun than putting it on the charger, & home we go. Life doesnt get any better than this. Bugger, work tomorrow. Oh well, the weekends only a day away. See yous on the road :D :D