Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Life in the Fast Lane with Steve Natt

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Cambo, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Life in the Fast Lane with Steve Natt appears on hte How to Channel every Monday night. Last night he was showing a noob how to ride down hill through the bendies.

There were some points which made a lot of sense like road positioning, etc, but the thing which got me was that he told the person not to brake with 4 fingers, but to only brake with 2 fingers and keep the other 2 on the throttle, that way you can still control your throttle whilst under brakes. Not something you owuld be wanting to do going downhill through bends.

To me, that is just asking for trouble!

2. It depends. if you have pulled on to much break and the bike is about to fall into the corner, and at the same time you are to wide so can't stand it up (Wich would explain breaking to much) then you are going to want some throtal to pick the bike back out of the corner or it's lowside city for you.
  3. Is that the episode where he 'encourages' a young lass to drop her new Buell? :LOL:
  4. I dont think he encouraged her to drop it, but she definately dropped the thing. Nice hny new red bike, DROP and he starts laughing.....then so did I coz I can see it happening when I get my new Blue VTR250 in 2 weeks time.