Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lidsafe

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by shelley rally, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Just wondering if anyone has used a 'Lidsafe' secure helmet bag before, or has heard anything (good or bad) about them. Any comments appreciated. Here is the link to the webpage on them:

http://www.outdoorsurvival.com.au/catalogue/pacsafe/productpacsafeacc.php/1/2/205/235

This is the description about if from the website:
    secure helmet bag
    LidSafe features a slashproof, high-tensile stainless steel mesh construction which locks a helmet (or rider's suit) to a bike or other secure fixture. The plastic coated wire mesh is layered between a waterproof outer liner and a soft inner material to offer protection from theft, damage, and the weather.

Thanks.

Shell

2. Hey Shelley,

in my experience leaving helmets on bikes is not good, shopping centres, work even bike shows , they get stolen, even straps cut etc, it isnt much to get a new strap sewn on.

funny to see a kid ridng a push bike down the road with a rossi 46 helmet.

Not!

3. we've got one and haven't had a helmet stolen. don't know if anyone has actually tried though. easy enough to use. quality is good.

4. I use them, seach for *safe* from my posts and you should see my very happy reviews of them. They rock and I saw one for sale dirt cheap at PS in city few weeks ago, umm $50 or $60 from memory.

5. I dont use one but i've never had a lid stolen so...... :p

I actually dont fear the lid being stolen, its more it being hit or knocked by some idiot, and in that situation a lidsafe wouldnt help.