Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Licensing Laws [QLD]

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by GirlRider2, May 4, 2010.

  1. Hey :)

    Question re licencing.

    Currently I have a R licence. My friend has an RE licence. How long do I have to be licenced as an R, to have her tag along on a bigger bike??

    Hope that makes sense?

    MOD: because you are new I won't lock this thread but please in future add the state you are in and please read the stickies
  2. Re: Licensing Laws

    Firstly, please make sure you put which state your query is about in the topic and body of your post, so we don't give you a bunch of info that isn't relavent to your question.

    But seeing as you're asking about R/RE and have set your location as brisbane, I'm going to assume the sun got to you and you just forgot ;)

    To answer your question, you must hold an R class license for a year before you are eligable to supervise a RE class license holder.

  3. Re: Licensing Laws

  4. Re: Licensing Laws

    Thanks Ginji :)

    I was just testing your powers of observation :p

    Sounds like my friend and I can get out there!!!
  5. Only if she too has held her RE for at least twelve months and she must display L plates. Please post up some pics of your friend on a thou with L plates! That would be good. I'm in Brisbane too so I'll keep an eye out for it.