Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

License plate cover/protector

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Sedgy, Jun 11, 2014.

1. My stock plates are slowly breaking off and beginning to flap wildly in the wind, I think it's because of the added stress of the metal P plate bracket so that may have to go. I've just ordered a new set of plates.

I've found this site but it's $30 inc. shipping for a simple plate protector. I want something that will take the stress off the plate so I can keep this metal bracket attached for the P's aswell as keep my new coloured ones shiny and clean.

It's either that or go back to replacing my P plates once a week, does anyone have some home jobs or sources for a plate protector that doesn't cost so much?

2. Man I thought I searched every possible phrase and only found the altex site, thanks justus
  3. or make one of these...
    means no load is on the plate, and the P-plate can't come off unless vandalised
  4. Wow that looks useful, but I don't have any metal working equipment. I'll have to find a way to make this...
  5. Went and bought one of the covers Justus linked, used a washer to keep it about a mil off the fender while still being screwed in tight so that I could get the clips on the protector to go over the back of the plate (makes sense if you've used one of these) and the little lip of the p plate should keep it in there, now to see whether it'll snap off and need to be replaced with a more flexible magnetic one otherwise I'll have to get onto the project oldcorollas showed.