Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Licensce Course

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mik84, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Hi ive been riding a few months now and am wanting to to my license course soon. Main reason is to lose the restrictions asap so as i at least have the choice to buy a larger bike sooner (provided i can afford it!)

Im mainly curious as to what the license course involves and how much experience you need to do it. Does the course teach you the things the test involves as the Ls course did or do you have to get alot of practice on certain things before doing it?

Any info would be great thanks... Oh and i'll be doing the viccie course, im currently living in sydney but still have my licence at my other adress.

2. P's course is easier than the L's, its a joke almost, you spent two 4 hour sessions practising all the things in the test then do the test at the end.

have to do two 90 degree turns as fast as possible without crossing the white corner lines.
    then you have to ride up to a traffic light 4 times and do 2 stops and 2 swerves (1 in each direction) as you approach the traffic light it will tell you which one to do and you must react immediately, order of drills is random so do don't know what it will tell you to do but it isn't hard...

thats all it is unless its changed since i did it 5 years ago

3. Given that you've listed your location as Sydney you're not restricted to a 250 check the RTA list of learner approved bikes, with the power to weight ratio you have far more choice than us mexicans! We however are not restricted to an 80kmh speed limit so that would be a motivating factor.

4. Thanks for the info Insano, greatly appreciated.

Thanks to others as well although as first post states ill be doin it in vic.