Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Licence requirements for scooters

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by johnno, Apr 26, 2006.

1. What is the licence requirement / cc's to ride scooters in Vic?

2. Same as motorcyclists, far as I know.
  3. I think the only Licence requirements for riding scooters are to remove your brain and were a skirt :?
  4. Nah I'd happily ride a scooter, but then I don't really come from the school that dictates that men must drink VB with each meal. I reckon the Vespas are a great looking unit and are good little getabouts for city folk. If I lived in the city, I'd happily own one. Bloody handy little things I reckon.

Still, machoism is alive and well I guess!
  5. A gold star for you, van. :D

Yeah, you need a motorcycle license, just like everyone else. Though you can do your test on a scooter, I think - which may give you a scooter only condition on your license? Who knows. I do know that scooters are available to learn on if you don't like gears. :?

6. YES! for Victoria there is NO special licence for ride a scooter, no matter just a 50cc or 650cc scooters, all you need for licence exactly same as motorcycle.

On the other hand, you learn on a scooter, got the learner or even licence, you dont need to have any test to ride on a motorbike!