Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Licence question

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by dimi, May 1, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Just recently i passed my learners permit test at H.A.R.T and they gave me a piece of paper which acts as my licence and is valid for 2months.

Just wondering, did i have to do anything else to get the plastic licence?

Or do i just wait for it in the mail... i was under the impression it would just come in the mail but now im not so sure.

So what do i do? :idea:

Thanks guys/girls

2. Um... they mail it to you. But if you don't get one, contact them a few weeks before hand. :idea:

3. Cheers!

Just double checking :cool:

4. If you're not sure about time frames then 2-4 weeks is about the time to expect to get it mailed to you. The first time I got my bike Ls it took them 2 weeks to get it out to me. It took 3-4 weeks the second time I got my bike Ls. My (restricted) licence took 4 weeks to get to me via mail. Give them a call if you haven't received it within 6 weeks.

5. Are you kidding? It took me 2 months to get mine!

6. Cheers GoTeam :grin:

7. Mine took 8 weeks before it arrived, the guys at Ride-Tek (where I did my test) told me that it would probably take 6-8 weeks, if it hasn't arrived after 8 weeks, go into Vicroads and ask for it.

8. Hang on.....

Dont you pass the pre thingy at H.A.R.T and then do the computer test at the RTA who give you the plastic one?

Or is that just a NSW thing?

9. It looks like each state has its own rules/test, although there are a lot of similarities. RTA = NSW. What you described is a NSW thing. Here in Vic, we do our Ls and after passing it we wait to get our licence in the mail from VicRoads.