Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Licence points- Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Seany, Jun 18, 2006.

1. 3 years ago I was booked for crossing a double line while over taking a car or four near Mansfield (doing 130km I feel like I did fairly well to find a cop without a radar). With tears of joy I can now announce that those points and all previous points have been returned and since I haven't been caught doing anything else since then, I now have a full swag to play with. :grin: :grin: :grin: :twisted: :LOL:

Question is, how does one make the best use of 12 points with a bike? Obviously, 1 point needs to remain so there's 11 to blow.

Bearing in mind that it's a hypothetical so preaching about the law and safety etc is not warranted :wink: What offences can I commit and get caught for that would do my points whilst maximising the fun factor. Remember that the most fun for each offence often means more points so there is some scope for compromise. Do I want to do more different things, or try something more than once, and what offences provide the best thrill. What do you guys see as best value fun for points swapping and how would you do it? :grin:

Edit: I'm not looking for just a list of offences. Scenarios would be appeciated ie a particular stretch of road or certain corner at specific speed was what I had in mind. :)

2. :jerk: You sound like you have more money than brains. ](*,)

3. don't talk on the phone and ride ;)

4. Yeah, yeah, whatever. :roll:

5. No fun anyway. :LOL:

6. Hypothetical Pppffff It is a dumb F*#K question to be asking.

Arrr Derrrr what can i do to loose points while having the most fun ](*,)

7. So don't answer. :roll: :blah: :blah:

8. Hey we live in a world were you are able to speak your mind.
    I think I'll answer any thread I want-how I want.
    If you dont like what is being said, take 5 minutes to think about the stupid thing you wish to ask. If you dont like what you are being told_____tuff shit matey that is just the way it is. :blah: :blah: :blah:

9. Exactly my point. I couldn't care less whether you choose to answer or not. So far you haven't and that's fine. :)

If you don't answer purely because you don't like the question that's fine my me too. After all, it's just a question so I'm not really sure why you have your knickers in a knot about it. :? It's a free country do what you like. :)

10. Can't take a joke? :roll:

I'm all for speed, Seany - most of the other offences aren't particularly interesting, IMO. Although riding on the footpath could be interesting... :LOL:

11. You asked a fairly emotive question .. what did you expect? Don't argue/complain when people don't give an answer you want to hear ... unless your just trolling?

12. ride naked + go through some speed cameras (while speeding) + no helmet.

See if you make the news !!

13. What's emotive about it?
    All I'm asking is if people were do blow 11 points over whatever number of incidents what would they be if it was to be most worthwhile in their mind? I'm just trying to generate a bit of discussion Jase.

Personally, one fine getting clocked at 129 on any straights along the Warby's NP road would seem like a fair price for the fun factor if I could have one shot at the road without restraint. That doeasn't mean I'm ever going to go ape shit on that road knowing I have the points to spare (fun as it would be), I just thought I'd find out what others would do given the hypothetical circumstance.

14. Shouldn't be too hard, I already ride a naked. :? :? What's that? :-s Oh. :oops: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

15. Hey a Joke it's not :?
    I'm on the road all day as a professional driver and the stuff i see is no joke.
    A licence is a privilege. But there are sum who just dont deserve it. And with questions like the one asked....Well :shock:
    Roll your eyes all you want it dont bother me but at the end of the day it will be you that has to catch the bus.
    A question is not asked unless your thinking of doing it. Hypothetical or not. :wink:

16. mate you obviously don't know Seany, and the question is asked as a pure hypothetical and expecting funny answers like
    I'd do it popping a wheelie the length of the West Gate with a blow up doll (no I don't have one so I can't lend you one :p ) as the pillion :LOL:

17. True. For instance when I ask "How good would it be to shag Drew Barrymore?" obviously, I'm thinking of doing it. However, the chance of it ever happening is far less certain. We can all dream of doing things we'll never actually do so get over it. :jerk:

18. Yeah thats right DREAM.
    Your example is a little to far fetched for me.
    But you have a bike and well I know exactly what it's like.Thats right I ride as well. And yes You will do it even if you think that you wont. Twist of the wrist is all it takes.
    Ooooh sorry hold on you ride a what ER5 :LOL:
    Its all good then cause even if you want you wont be able to. :LOL:
    Any way I've said what i wanted.

19. Mate, you're just bored and looking for a shit stir. Have a beer, sit down and behave yourself. :LOL: :LOL:

20. Bored no, drunk maybe, sitting down already.
    Behave now you are starting to sound like my wife. :LOL: