Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Licence conditions while riding interstate?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Murph289, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

After an informed opinion here. I live in Tasmania, and down here P2 riders are only restricted to 0.00 BAC, so come March I will be (hopefully) on a 600 or similar.
    My question is: What is the ruling with riding in other states, where they have P2s riding LAMS or 250s? I ask this as my family live in NSW and I thought it would make a good trip to boat across and ride home at some point in time.

2. If your state license states you are unrestricted then that covers you nationally.
    BAC laws are different. Surprised Tassie has not caught up.
    If you are on a restricted license then you cant drink.
    It was if you were under 26 till two years ago. Have you checked that law of late ??? Not sure but I thought that went national

3. You're subject to the conditions of your licence. So you're allowed to ride your 600 interstate.

If you're able to locate it without too much trouble, it'd be worth printing off a copy of the relevant legislation and bringing it with you though. I've had interstate coppers query licence conditions before. Haven't had a problem with one taking my word for what they meant before,
    But it might short circuit a possible roadside argument with a copper not familiar with tassie licenses if you had something to back you up.

4. +1 you ride to the conditions proscribed by your license or permit.

5. Bretto, I'm not quite getting what you're saying about the drink drive laws? Tasmania is restricted to zero whilst on a restricted licence, as is everywhere else, I think... Meaning there'd be no change to what I could do, regardless of where I was riding..?

6. Ooops sorry I miss read your original. Yup then ha ha. No piss but you can ride what your license says. So what ever you want.