Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Licence Classes

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by nodz, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Was looking at QBE insurance quotes on-line. It had four classes of licence - learner, probationary, provisional, full.
    Three speak for themselves but what's a provisional licence?

  2. NSW call there P's provisional.
  3. Cool - thanks Mouth
  4. which site did you use in particular to get QBE online quotes for bike insurance. each time i got to a page, it told me to ring them up for quotes... a link would be great if possible
  5. See the banners at the top of the page. Refresh enough times and it will bring up a Western QBE one. Click on that banner, and you'll be taken straight to a special Netrider quote page :)
  6. in queensland we have both provisional and probationary - I don't know what provisional is...
  7. In NSW standard P's are Provisional.

    If you lose your licence for speeding/drinking etc, the court can put you on a Probationary licence, where you have to wear P's again. There are also a few special restrictions for them.