Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Li Tan Hover cycles

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Takamii, Apr 20, 2012.

1. I think they are a little bit ambitious

2. GOTCHA They are ambitious because it is actually an promotional campaign for these tossers

3. i want an explanation for all this.
  4. Well...they have 20 years.
  5. At least they're having a go, unlike this short-sighted mob!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hope he gets funding,
    if it gets stability, it shoulb be feasable as a replacement for a small chopper...... fuel may be an issue though. helicopters are thirsty
  7. That second hover bike is the one powered by a BMW R1200 from memory...
  8. Hope these guys get funding too!

I wouldn't mind working for this company!
  9. 2014. flying car is not that far away.
    start saving.
    can expect at least 6 months of fun in Vic, before they are banned.

10. I'd love a PAL V. :)

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'
  11. hahaha onion news...
  12. I'll admit that I'm not quite across this regulation, but AFAIK to fly a car you would need to get a recreational pilot's licence and join a club. So Vic have got themselves covered in that for most of us it would never be legal to use one in the first place.

Please correct me if wrong.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind the Queensland Transport adding a flying vehicle category to drivers licences - and setting up a competency-based "Q-Fly" course. And presumably the flying endorsement could apply to whichever class of vehicle is on your licence - car, bike, truck, boat...
  13. You are spot on mate. This purely recreational.
    You will need a licence to fly, which requires training costs and then you need a place. You won't be able to just fly/turn up at regional airports. And you certainly won't be flying to work and back anytimes soon.

Even as a recreational pilot you need to be able to navigate, know the flight rules, and be able to manage radio comms. How many of us understand even simple things like'VFR, or 'QNH', or basic ATC instructions.

If we planned to stay outside of controlled airspace, in VFR conditions. I doubt that many would want to fly at night, so no instrument ratings, have to be on the ground an hour before sunset.
    Blah blah blah, it goes on and on.

In USA where there are "Air Parks" all over the place this little machine would be a great fit. But not here.
  14. Duplicate post...ignore.
  15. may not have the right licence or plates dispayed, but good luck catching me.
    will be pimping my ride out in full stealth mode.
  16. Just imagine your horror when seeing any of these with a red "P" plate hanging off the back of it...
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I wouldn't be the slightest bit horrified if the rider has to go through the full people requirements. Some of the most intelligent and mature young folk I've met have been teenage people holders, one was working towards their instructor rating.

Aviation training is full on.
  18. Absolutely. Stuff around while going for your people, and you'll end up never flying.
    It's serious stuff.