Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lewis Leathers in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by LineNoise, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Anyone know of someone stocking Lewis Leathers in Melbourne?

I know Motociclo up in Sydney stock them but it's a little bit of a hike just to buy a jacket.

2. Are you completely insane? You'd need a second mortgage to pay what the Poms get them for, so dog alone knows what an Australian retailer would charge. Your first born, I suspect :LOL:.

Seriously though, expensive as they are, all the LL products I've seen up close are good enough quality to become a family heirloom. If you want what they offer and can afford it, they don't have many equals.
  3. Motociclo actually look pretty reasonable given how much we can get gouged here. £650 (currently $1024 on exchange) plus postage from Lewis direct in the UK or $1190 for the same jacket out here. That's a premium I'm willing to pay for the chance to try the thing on first. Cheaper than a flight to London anyway.

And yeah, they're certainly quality. Figure it's a bit like my RM Williams boots that I wear whenever I'm not on the bike. Pricey but they last so well it works out in your favour in the end. Actually that reminds me, those LL Motorway boots...drool.

Edit: I've just realised...I've got to go up to Sydney for work in the new year. :D
  4. Now thats a blast from the past I can`t say recently but had a lewis leather jacket from my youth lasted 15 years plus
  5. That's pretty good. I too would be prepared to pay such a premium in order to buy local. I just get wound up when we're charged 2-3 times the price. I accept the limitations of the Australian market, but I won't be ripped off.