Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Letters after your name?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by emsie, May 24, 2007.

1. There's a lot of educated people on these forums and I'm always curious to hear about what people have studied (mostly cos I'm too slack to study myself :p).

So, what letters do you have after your name? If you didn't get letters for studying it, what did you study? :)

2. I have BTB after mine, (bloody top bloke)
  3. I thought it stood for "Born To Bald" :LOL: :bolt:
  4. When I was little, I had GTS as my middle 'initials'.....Goody Too Shoes :oops:
  5. BSC, SSC

Bronze Swimming Certificate, Silver Swimming Certificate :p

who knows where that's from :LOL:
  6. I've studied Assoc Dip maths/IT by distance at Charles Sturt,BA with History Politics major and English sub major at Monash, MBA at Swinburne. Also Picked up a Cert IV in IT and a Dip Management when I worked at TAFE.
    Also dropped out of Canberra and Qld Unis. Never failed them, just got bored with the course and packed it in. Most of my study has been part time or external.

My daughter thus far has done a Adv Dip Visual Arts (TAFE), B. Fine Arts at VCA, Post Grad Cert in Arts Management (Melb Uni) and is almost finished a Grad Dip Education at Melbourne. She also picked up a Cert III in retail supervision while studying full time at Melnb Uni and working in retail part time.

Not bad for someone with serious dyslexia and a bad learning disability... :LOL:
  7. Jamie-lee Monro (AMC) Accredited Mortgage Consultant

Nothing too spesh i guess but hopefully one day will have more :p
  8. PHD UoL

I have a doctorate from the University of Life!
  9. My wife's former boss used to have all her degrees, certificates etc. framed on her office wall - starting at the top with her Masters in Social Work and going down.

When you bent over to have a good look at the really flash ones on the bottom they included her lifesaving certificate, her Grade 4 piano and Grade 3 ballet. :LOL: :LOL:
  10. BAppSc (Hons) - Metallurgy
    G.Ausimm - Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
    And currently finishing off a PhD in Metallurgy - probably be finished by now if I didn't spend so much time here.

Of course along the way I've studied Geology, Advanced Calculus, Business and Human Resource Management, Microbiology, Food Science, Petrology, Organic Chemistry...and that's not including the stuff I've studied in my spare time just for the hell of it.
  11. LLB (deakin)
    and currently studying Grad Dip and LLM (Masters) if I ever finish it.

Don't use it except on VERY official letters. Or if I get one sent to me.
  12. Kiyo-suki is a quack...play around on google a bit and you'll see what I mean.

The idea isn't necessarily flawed though. I have a string of letters after my name.

Am I rich? ...uh...NO

Am I happy? ...not really

Given the opportunity to exchange those letters for something enjoyable, I'd take it and never look back.
  13. BA Marketing, PG Dip Marketing Management, MA Accounting, CPA (Associate - eg still training to be a fully qualified number cruncher) but I promise i do have a personality :grin:
  14. well this is probably my only chance to use them. (I use the qualifications, just not the letters).

Mine is BA.LLB

Combined degree of Bachelor of Arts (Sociology Major) and Bachelor of Law.
  15. Beats me! I only have LLB (and extras)
  16. A full rimmer to you.
  17. dont officially use em cept to win brownie points at uni:

DipTeach (Primary); Train The Trainers (workforce and organisational learning); Cert IV Workplace Learning; ADCW (associate diploma in community welfare); BCW (bachelor of community welfare); BEdSt (bachelor of educational studies); MSWAP Res (master of social welfare administration and planning by research); JP Qual (justice of the peace)......

currently studying for a phd.......

clearly i have too much time on my hands and NO LIFE!