Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Let the waiting begin!

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by Njh91, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Hey all,

Just threw down the deposit on my brand new Ninja 650RL! It's currently sitting on the showroom floor, waiting to be delivered. This wait is going to be painful...cannot wait to take her out for that first ride. Planning to take her out for a ride up Mt Glorious, Mt Nebo and around Wivenhoe dam. Now to think of a name...

Njh

2. I have one of these puppies there a great ride and easy to learn on

3. Hey mate,

Awesome choice of learner bike :)

However, assuming you are a learner and this is your first bike, you should probably take it easy and stay away from the more serious rides until you get used to it. Places like Nebo are dangerous enough for experienced riders.

4. Cheers guys.

I do have a fair amount of experience riding, however it's all off-road. I'll take it easy for a few weeks whilst I begin adjusting to the bike and then I'll begin going on longer rides. Last thing I want it to be over confident and have a lowside on my first ride!

5. Maybe get some sliders then, lessens the crying if it happens! Btw, waiting sucks big ones!

6.  Top
  7. congrats on your new ride, dirt experience is good, just go easy [as you do] initially but enjoy the ride and smile forever!!

8. nice choice bro!