Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lend a hand to a man with his stand?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by mark59, May 29, 2014.

1. #1 mark59, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    I'm seeking assistance from a fellow rider who is experienced in the use of a rear stand to spare 30 minutes to give me a few tips and especially stand next to my bike while I practice getting it up and down using my new Kaneg rear stand. It has casters on it so I can swing my bike around inside my garage to ride out and down my sloping driveway.

I need someone to stand next to the bars ready to catch my SV650 should I make an error in getting it on and off the stand. I know practice makes perfect but if I make an error on the initial attempt then I am certain to end up with my recently purchased SV sideways and dinged on the floor. There seems little margin for error when you are at the rear of the bike and you need to catch it in the case of a numpty error.

I live in the North East suburbs in Melbourne and can supply suitable beverages as a reward for your participation in this project following the successful launch, roller skating and return to earth of said Suzuki.

Please send me a PM if you can help me out with a steely eye and a steady hand.

cheers

Mark