Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lemon soft drink showdown: Lift, or Solo?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by grue, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Lift

3 vote(s)
  2. Solo

52 vote(s)
  1. Choose your weapon.

2. they are both shit
  3. I agree. Garbage.
  4. It's not even a comparison. Solo by a long shot. It's the next best thing from beer after a long day.
  5. Personally I like that green 'lemon lime' solo better than the standard yellow one

But waaaaaaaaaay better than lift

6. Correct!
  7. lol GO SOLO!

Lift blows by comparison.
  8. I vote neither but will confess to buying Lift rather than Solo.
  9. Schweppes Traditional Lemonade if you want a real lemon drink.
  10. :rofl:

As a teen I got food poisoning and remember someone telling me lemonade helps settle the stomach so I got my friend to buy me some of that stuff and when it arrived I drank it despite first reading that there were no lemons in it! Needless to say the throwing up after the event was very very fizzy and didn't make me feel better at all!
  11. Traditional Lemonade does not in anyway resemble the clear Lemonade that is generally available. From memory, it contains 5% lemon and is sour enough to make you pucker.
  12. Solo ..just coz.
    I remember liking the ad with the guy on the kayak slamming it down fast after he did awesomeness stuff on his kayak, the drink makes you special.
  13. Solo all the way. My girlfriend and I are always having this discussion at the service station:

'Want anything?'
    'Lift please'
    'But but... if you drink Lift you can't kayak down cliffs and be awesome.'
    'Yes dear'

14. Solo in a can and Lift in a bottle.
  15. For future reference it should be normal commercial Australian style lemonaide and it should be almost flat.

Oh yeah and Solo by a long shot as Lift is way too sweet. Though these days I'm not really a squash drinker. More Ginger bear.
  16. We had a fab ride on Saturday.... stopped off at a nice little pub on the way home.... and had to drink Lemon Squash!!... eeeeuuuwwwwwwwww!!!! (still on P's).... Lemon Squash tastes insipid!! :sick:

Managed to have 2 of those.. before swapping to lemon, lime & bitters... which was much better!!.

Yeah!.. thanks grange for downing 2 cold beers in font of us!!.... [-(
  17. Ok who's the nub who voted for Lift? Own up.
  18. So where's the Club Lemon Soda Squash option?
  19. Mmmm Ginger Beer
  20. Oh man, ginger beer is just gross. No me gusta.