Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lemmings Day??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Jun 27, 2015.

1. We rode the Putty today, Wollongong to Newcastle. I know today is the first day of the school holidays but I doubt that had anything to do with the two motorcycle accidents and the one car accident just between Windsor and the Grey Gum!!! I could count on one hand the number of times I've seen ONE accident in a day on that road... Anyway we have a nice safe ride...

2. Shit. I hope those in the accidents are ok.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You saw those too? The guy who had come off the 1098 Panigale didn't look too good :( I was sad as the two men had waved at us when we were on the side of the road about 10 - 15 minutes earlier.
  4. We were getting fuel at Wilberforce when the ambo went through so I had a fair idea it wasn't just a simple drop
    Did you stop art the Grey Gum and if so what were you riding? I was on a blue VFR and my brother was on a red one...
  5. Let's take the noobs for a ride up there Paul
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I'm on the black Duc Monster, although TWEETTWEET likes to refer to me on it as Wile. E Coyote though :D

Our group had stopped to help a P-plater who had come off going up the twisties (heading back towards Windsor) and that was about 20 - 30 minutes until his mate came back for him. About 5 km up the road, all the caravanners on either side of road on the next lot of uphill corners were stopped to help out red Panigale man.

The plan was to stop at Grey Gum, but ended up going through to Broke for lunch. Too much excitement in one day.
  7. Absolutely! How about Tuesday next week?
  8. Tuesday to take the noobs?? Would need to be Saturday or Sunday I think Paul..
  9. Ok let's plan something for next Saturday, I work for the DEC so I'm on hols at the moment
    I'll pm you my phone number