Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leggets Drive - Pelaw Main NSW

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by stigger, Feb 10, 2010.

1. As you come out of pelaw Main heading south there's a bloody great lump in the road before you get to the Hunter Economic Zone. If you hit it you won't have a very fun time as I can attest to sitting by the side of the road waiting for my lift.

Also never tell the Nrma the truth because if you do they won't tow you. Just say it's a puncture not a cracked rim.

2. ah yes, the old coalfields roads, built for bullock-drays and now carrying city-standard traffic. Last time I was through there there was traffic in both directions as far as the eye could see on the main roads....

3. Home now bastard council... Anyone know how I find out who's responsible for a section of road.

4. look for a "shire" sign in the area??

5. Hey stigger. Pelaw Main and Richmond Vale are within the boundries of Cessnock City Council. I think I know the lump you are talking about. It's the one that feels like your car is going to launch dukes of hazard style when you hit it at 100km/h. I haven't done that road by bike yet.

Not cool. Good luck chasing them up about it.

6. Cheers... yeah that's the one. I normally spot but a stone in the visor at the wrong moment and up we all go...

7. I drove over this again today and cringed. I thought the lump in the road was going to hit my sump.