Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Legend? Well sort of.. Daredevil Anglesea postie's jump stunt

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by joetdm, Apr 11, 2012.

1. #1 joetdm, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Put this under general because of article but could have been in media and has potential to move to others...
    Don't think it breaks any forum rules...

Postie with some life I say... haha

2. "I had to straighten the frame of the bike, so there's no serious damage":-s
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ahaha thats awesome!!

Now the cops have to come in an spoil everything. Criminal charges get f****d!
  4. I viewed the vision and I found it terribly shocking.

The riding was SHOCKING and the camera work was SHOCKING also.

The bloke on the bike should stick to riding on the footpath and the cameraman should give up media and concentrate on installing toilets.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. See? His high vis vest didn't save him for shit.

But seriously, that guy is a champ.
  6. Ooooooh, now also in the Age as well as Herald..
    But will it make the 6pm tele news...... hahahahaha
  7. Yeah, it was a bit stupid.* Everyone knows that you need a flat ramp and to blip the throttle as you approach the end, or you need to wheelie off the end of the ramp.

That stunt was always going to end in tears.

* But considering criminal charges for such an attempt is un-Australian.
  8. I think there should be a prize for the first postie to get it right...:p
    Of course with a full load of mail..... :LOL:

extra points for longer jump....hahaha
  9. Ran into the local postie at lunch time and asked him about this; said they were all having a good laugh about it at the depot.

Unfortunately was not quick enough to suggest that they have a comp to see who could do the best attempt..

While I was talking to him I asked him if he thought the high vis had made any difference - Reply - "no they are still pul out right in front of me"

Cheers Jeremy
  10. But did you know that the green flag will save 2.7839486 lives every year...](*,)
  11. That ramp was obviously made by tradies to try and destroy as many motorcycles as possible.
  12. Tradies use their utes to kill us riders. Why would they waste their time building something, it's hard enough getting them to put an effort in when they're actually doing their jobs.
  13. Fr*ggen mobile phones, eh? It's getting hard to do anything and get away with it any more.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. also in multimedia section
  15. hahaha, it made today tonight.. or was it ACA we had on....
    Oh one of those useless shows..
  16. They troll utube looking for stories, because the reporters they employ couldn't find one if their life depended on it.
  17. this dude would have been a massive legend had he not crashed

solid effort

18. It is actually not funny at all. We now live in a society in which doing something out of the ordinary can easily result in you being all over the news. It's disturbing.
  19. Yeah, listen to big sarge warburton prattling on like he just descovered an international car smuggling ring! Total fekking idiot!
    Wish he'd knock on the front door now, so I can tell him he's a friggin windbag! FFS!
  20. ... I can understand it making it onto YouTube, as everything manages to find its way there. But is it REALLY newsworthy??... A guy at work was pissed and smashed up the Company car....I didn't see that on the 6 o'clock news FFS!!..... Mind you, no video to post up for that one!! .... [-(

I think we need to redefine "news"....:-s. I would expect to see this shit on funniest home videos....