Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Legality of offensive sticker bomb?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by mattizie, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

Scratched up my fairings, and instead of filling in the scratches, sanding, and repainting. I'm just going to sticker bomb them. Now that they're scratched up once, I'm not going to be babying it, and they'll probably get scratched up again.

I have a few plans including using cutouts from a playboy(?) mag or similar. But would I get defected for having small cutouts of naked women plastered over a quarter of my bike?

Another idea was to find the weirdest manga p0rn comic thing I could find, you know, with tentacles and shit, and use that. Would better fit with the JDM look, and maybe get a few laughs, lol.

Why would I want to do this? Not sure, just afters something a bit different than the regular sticker bomb look, that's also gets a few looks and laughs.

2. Use gay p0rn pictures. It won't look any more gay, but it will look a lot less like someone trying to convince themselves that they're not gay. OTOH, you could just put up with the scratches, and not make any future respray job harder than it needs to be.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. you're riding a motorbike - nobody will see you anyway.
    • Funny Funny x 7
  4. I don't think p0rn on the bike is a good idea. No one will see it except the cops that pull you over for some other reason. Then you'll probably get a ticket for offensive material or something stupid like that. If you must sticker bomb, maybe do it like advertising on a race bike that is Bike gear, go fast bits etc. Or even have a go at repainting the fairing yourself copying your favorite race bike.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. or people walking past that thinks it is offensive and push the bike over :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not a good idea. It only takes one offended mother to take offense and you are suddenly down the cop shop being charged. Think about that, it's not a ticket, it's arrested and charged.

You might have an argument if only adults ever saw it, but you won't have much of an argument when kids start noticing your bike.
  7. Try something like this instead:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I won't ask what kinky stuff you're into... ;)
  9. #12 oldcorollas, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    that stuff can get you killed these days..... :eek:

I'm not sure how kinky I am, but I'm sure I've never equated "japan domestic model" anything with tentacle **** :D

I wonder if pedo bear stickers would be considered offensive? ala

I say do it (whatever you want), take pics, and see what happens :) not like they'll put you in gaol or anything

thought about astroturf?
  10. 1. That would be hard to find.
    2. You would not want it if you did.
    3. The stuff you'd have to dig through to get to it would probably be enough to... change how you see the world.

In short, don't bet against humanity's creativity. Not even if it's only your stomach's contents on the line.
  11. Kawasaki has. They decided to make do with green paint...
  12. That looks like a yamaha to me
  13. Well the grass is always green on the other bike.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. indeed
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I doubt it would be illegal ( I can hear Justus clearing his throat right now...:)) but think about the type of people you will attract. They're not the kind of people I'd want to hang out with.

Also make for some interesting conversations with the HWP
  16. Justus posted yesterday that it wasn't but removed the post because it wasn't in the vain of the thread. I had a quick look this morning and it appears there is no offense. It was a false assumption on my part.

Still, you might get the attention of cops that believe it is illegal.
  17. You know how you can get those cups that change pictures when they are full/empty etc... Maybe you can get stickers that get progressively more naked the faster you go :)
    • Like Like x 1