Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Legality of bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by johnnygear, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Hi All,

I was going to post this to the 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' but I don't have the privilege :(

Was just wondering on the legality of having a bluetooth headset in my helmet on my P's

Assuming I am not using it to take / make phone calls, is it legal?

If anyone has had one attached on their provisional license, have you had any interactions with the police regarding it?

2. Moderately painless
  3. Hi JG

Welcome to NR.

I am on my P's and have a bluetooth headset, however I use it for GPS and radio only. I don't have my mobile paired to it, as RMS says it's a NO NO, although there is no mention of GPS so :)

4. Just to add a bit more information, there is also a rule somewhere that states you may not modify a helmet. So if you Bluetooth is a clip on type you are ok (within the sciope of this rule which relates to an approved helmet), but if you have to drill holes or attatch is with some adhesive, that constitues a modification and is a no no.