Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Legalities of "driving" with a wrist in pl

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by FormerUser2, Feb 6, 2005.

1. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

2. MMmmmm... don't know about the legalities,but it didn't stop the Aprilia dealer in Geelong handing me the keys to a demo.
    I didn't end up buying one but it sure stopped those nagging 'should I really get another bike' thoughts from continuing!!!
  3. Not legal, I got pulled over with arm in plaster. In fact I was actually pulled over in the cage for failing to signal. Policeman saw that I had my arm in plaster (not in a sling) and booked me for failure to have proper control of the vehicle.
  4. That looks like something you could ask him to prove. That said, given you didn't indicate - perhaps you did NOT have proper control of your vehicle?

I think assuming you were driving perfectly, I don't think a cop could book you for that. Well, probably could, but you'd give him/her a run for their money trying to make it stick.
  5. the company car is uninsured?>???? or just uninsured whilst driving with an arm in plaster???

how long did the doc say it would be in the palster for
  6. Nope no probs....as long as it ain't the drivers arm :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. does the plaster fit in the sleeve of your jacket?
    i'd keep riding
  8. ring them tomorrow morning and ask :p As a "John Smith" of course :)
  9. Might also be something you want to get in writing or perhaps record the convo.....just in case.