Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

LEGAL custom choppers

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Mendy, Sep 3, 2008.

1. By legal i mean 250cc. Anyways, they do look good and for less than 6G, there is not a better choice i have seen for a nise cutom looking chopper.
    Anyways, my point is that my friend (and me too . . ) are looking at getting one. Any one know the quality, power, comfort etc, on them, Bad choice perhaps for my friend who has no experience on a bike . . .

http://www.huntermotorcycles.com.au

maybe it should be in the cruiser, etc. forum but i thought it was a general enough question. Sorry mods, move if required . .
    Cheers

2. I can't comment on these bikes but will say that the original design that Johnny Pag came out with looks awesome. But they seem to have gotten a bit lost in the translation.

3. I saw one parked locally looked the goods from what i can see

4.  Top
  5. Here's a review...

6. Holy crap batman, can people stop bagging Hyosungs now :grin:

7. Well that seems fairly comprehensive to me. :LOL:

8. That all seems to be about what you get when you buy a limited production vehicle.

If it's not put together in the bazillions, by robots, in a proper factory, under proper QA procedures, expect it to go wrong a lot, mainly with niggly little sh*t like that described.

Ask anyone who's built and run a special, car or bike. Or, better yet, anyone who's bought and run someone else's special :shock: .

Gotta say that the advertising does paint a rather rosy picture though.

9. If it's a production bike, how can it be a custom?

And if it's a production bike, how can it be a chopper? Like, isn't that a design fcuk up if you have to chop a production frame to build a production bike?

10. Yeah, that's a good point.

I also don't like the idea of purchasing anything that should really be custom off the shelf. Something like a cafe racer, bobber or chopper should be sweated over by the owner.

Anyway, another thread for another day.

11. Some interesting wear items excluded under their warranty.
    Is the motor and gearbox a Chinese ripoff of an old Japanese design?

* Normal wear parts are defined as but not limited to :- tyres, plastic panels, chain, brake pads, clutch friction plates, cables, radiator hoses, impeller, seat coverings, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, inner tubes, mirrors, spark plugs and all light bulbs.

12. Yeah, just like in the 80s when people could stopped worrying about the clap because they bought out AIDS.

13. AIDS - anyone remember this ad....?

[​IMG]

r162265_596429.

14. I remember reading 'CB250' somewhere, but that might not be this particular ripoff.

Anyway, it seems like the problems start at 200miles with these bikes. Is the whole bike chinese or just the engine?