Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leg Armour & Boots .. advice please

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by VCM, Sep 12, 2009.

1. I'm having a little trouble here ..
    The bottom half of my normal riding attire basically consists of:
    With concerns about knee protection lately, I've recently bought a set of icon field leg armour ( designed to wear under jeans etc.
    Well there is NO way that leg armour is gonna fit inside my boots.
    Does anyone else own a pair? If so HOW do wear em?
    Am considering wearing a pair of work boots with them,, but worried they may come off easily in a fall.
    Suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Me thinks you might need to find knee armour that has shorter shins. Perhaps look at skate / MTB style stuff.
  3. I have a pair of Sidi B-2 boots ($300 @ AMX Bayswater) and Forcefield Body Armour Limb Tubes ($90 @ BikeMart Ringwood). The Limb Tubes contain what appears to be very high quality armour pieces while retaining a low profile. I'm 5"9' and everything fits perfectly with not a millimetre to spare, which effectively provides complete protection from my knees downwards.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Vinnie, I wouldn't compromise on the boots. I got shunted the other day on my morning commute to work, and am damn thankful I was wearing the Sidis instead of the lace-up work boots I normally wear.
  4. I wear Sidi Vertigos

and Icon Field Armour Leg

and the leg armour fit neatly into the top of the sidi vertigos. When I first bought the sidis i was a bit dismayed at the room at the front of my shin (i have extremely skinny legs, im a stick), but the rest of the boot fit perfectly.

then i realised they must be designed with room at the front there to accommodate leg armour from either independant or built into leather. when I wear the Icon field under my jeans it all fits like one piece with the boots, flush all the way down if that makes sense.

maybe your boots arent designed to be used with armour (maybe not 'track' designed?) no idea really.

good luck[/img]
  5. It looks as though the Rossi's are designed to accommodate additional leg armour. One thing I did try was fitting it OVER the boots.
    Seems to fit ok. I'll have to wait and see what it's like riding in em
    Thanks Guys!