Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

LED Throwies!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by koma, Mar 15, 2006.

1. LED THROWIES INSTRUCTIONS

DEMONSTRATION VIDEO

The aim of the game is to 'decorate' your landscape! Just think of all the irritating metal objects that the recent spate of so-called Architects* have plastered up around our cities.

I'm heading out to JayCar tomorrow to pick up 'supplies'... who's up for a Fed Square outing? :grin: :wink: :twisted:

Part: 10mm Diffused LED
    Vendor: HB Electronic Components
    Average cost: $0.20 avg per LED
    Notes: Cost reductions for larger quantities. Comes in red, blue, amber, white in both diffused and clear. Diffused works better than water clear for the Throwie application. HB has even created a Throwies packs page with deals on 10mm LEDs and lithium batteries!

Part: CR2032 3V Lithium Batteries
    Vendor: CheapBatteries.com
    Cost: $0.25 per battery
    Notes: Cost reductions for larger quantities. With the 2032 Lithium batter, depending on the weather and the LED color, your Throwie should last around 1 -2 weeks.

Part: 1-inch wide Strapping Tape
    Vendor: Your local hardware store
    Cost: $2.00 for one roll
    Notes: One roll will make many throwies

Part: 1/2" Dia x 1/8" Thick NdFeB Disc Magnet, Ni-Cu-Ni plated
    Vendor:Amazing Magnets
    Cost: $13.00 per 25 magnets
    Notes: Cost reductions for larger quantities

* = Sorry, i'm a final year Archy student and i must say that a large amount of the new stuff going up is complete trash.

2. I'm heading down to my local jaycar tomorow arvo!!! My local revenue raiser won't know what hit it!!

3. Wow they totally r0x0r!!11!!

I can't wait to get out and deck my hood with some throwees!!!

4. ROFLOL! I hadn't even thought of that!?
    Light the suckers up with about 20 flashing LED's each and people will be so awe struck by them atleast it would minimise the change of them speeding.

I'm gonna make the stupid claim of attempting to get red and blue ones stuck to an undercover police car. :wink: :LOL:

5. Hmm, I wonder how they'd go all over the front of a speed camera???

6. it wouldnt work :LOL: :LOL:
    when the camera flashes it cant get ur number plate due to all the bright lights around u :LOL: :LOL: