Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW LED Rim Lights?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by neodude112320, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Just out of curiosity, Are THESE Legal? I Would think they are but a mate of mine was telling me that aslong as they are Red OR Amber OR white then they are legal?

2. My recollection is that if the vehicle is moving then you can only face white lights forward and red lights back. Technically that might mean that you could have the white on the front and red on the back if you could avoid any spillage at all.

In reality I would say that it would be hard to avoid spillage, which is why, even though they have been around for a few years you don't see them on the road.

Also apart from the legal situation, I wouldn't want red light spillage from these to confuse drivers into thinking that you were moving away from them and to cause them to violate right of way.