Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

leathers

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Tequila.Sunrise, Feb 17, 2005.

1. how do u guyz wash ur leathers?

I wore mine on a hot day.. and now it needs a wash.. haha

2. Hose em!! :LOL:

I dunno.....?

3. i've never washed mine in 4 years, they stink bad :LOL:

4. Real men don't wash leathers. They use their own sweat to condition them :wink:

5. That's why I've got draggins, u just chuck them in the washer. The only thing u have 2 b careful about is making shore the cevlar isn't exposted 2 direct sun light when out on the line.

6. I did that the other day :( Forgot all about them.. The kevlar yellow stuff turned brown :(

Lisa :twisted:

7. Can't you dry clean them?

8. yep

9. Had a real close one that day? :p :p

A little Woolwash/ warm water, ScotchBrite using the spongy side...just sponge them down, use plenty of water, no probs.
    Then allow to dry (and it will take DAYS) in a temperate/ shady place, never dry by using any heat/ sunshine/ hairdryer etc. which shrinks the leather badly and makes is "tinny".
    Once dry, a good coat of "SnoSeal" (warm the stuff at about 70deg in an oven for quicker penetration of the leather), then put pants into the semi-shade on a not-too-hot-day for about an hour or 2, wipe of excess.

10. on the outside ONLY
    unless you have enjoy some very kinky stuff..... :LOL:

11. jesus its like parting the red sea... i'm far to lazy to do that myself can i send it to glitch's home laundry service :D

12. Can anyone recommend anything you can use just to take out marks? :D

13. yeah some wool soap, bath tub of warm water, rinse, wash etc, hang in shady place to dry.. once dry, and use some leather conditioner. But after 4 or 5 yrs I have not washed mine yet, it only gets a brief wash when i ride in the rain :)

14. Might be easier to just contain them.

Maybe you need to wear those bloomers the old ladies set sail with on the washing line instead of those itty bitty things that girls love wearing these days! :p