Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leathers for the Track - need some URGENT assistance !

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by doonx, May 6, 2010.

1. I'm doing a HART Track Day tomorrow - 07/05/10, and I have just picked up a BRAND NEW 2 Piece Teknic Chicane suit from a wholesaler. A mate of mine from Sydney organised the Teknic Leathers, and advised the sizing (size 50).

BUT THEY'RE ABOUT 1 SIZE TOO BIG - :furious: :furious: :furious:

If I take them and use them, I've bought them.

If I don't use them I can probably exchange them for a 48 that will fit much better, BUT, if I don't use them, I almost certainly will lose the Track Day cause I wont have leathers.

I've rung heaps of places and no-one I can find hires leathers at all. Is there anyone that has about a size 48 set of leathers they'd be willing to lend me for tomorrow?????? I've left a message with Katcando to ask about getting these adjusted, but haven't heard back yet.

Any advice????
  2. Would if I could, but I can't so I shan't...

Good luck finding some buddy!
  3. Can you transfer the track day to another date? Call the mob who runs it tomorrow and see what they can do for you. Otherwise keep it and either go to the gym or go to the fridge.
  4. bummer!!
  5. Second hand from a dealer ?

Try and make a deal to return 'em undamaged for x% back ?
  6. If I can get a loan of some leathers, then I will be able to swap the (unused) Teknics for the right size.
  7. Or just wear them and then sell them. Since you sourced them from a wholesaler you probably got them at a good price and shouldn't lose much reselling them.
  8. Ahhh, Katcando is not yet back in business.
  9. Hey Doonx, I -think- my suit is around a 48. Doesn't have knee sliders though.

Sizing is only a wild guess. I'm 5"10' and 80 kilos if that helps. You're more than welcome to have them for a day, as long as you air them you sweaty bastard. I won't know till around 6 tonight what size they are for sure though.
  10. Can I ask what you paid for the leathers ?? I'm looking for some . Don't know how you work out the sizing , .

I see them advertised from $300 to $2000.00 whats the low down ??