Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leathers - Different Types

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by say_wat, Aug 9, 2007.

1. n00b Question, I know there probably has been plenty of discussion in regards to leathers and their care in general.

What i'm having trouble with is that I don't want to use something that will spoil the condition / quality of the jacket and i'm unable to differentiate the different types of leather on it (as it has different textures)... most leather shops haven't been helpful ... so i thought i'd ask for some advice here.

Attached is a pic of the two types of leathers on the jacket, one has a more shiny finish (the black bit) and is comparatively hard the other is camo coloured (dyed, i suppose) and has a dull finish, and is much softer.

What can i use to condition + waterproof this?
  2. Dubbin is good, right robsalvv? :p
  3. lol, i read that thread...
    would dubbin/beeswax be appropraite for the left hand side leather? (the camo bit). I'd imagine it being ok for the right hand side shiny black area.