Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leather suit for tall rider

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by TassieRider, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Hi all,

This is one for the tall riders... what size/brand leather suits do you wear??

I'm 6'5" and about 85kg so obviously a tall lean build, I have a size 54 (Euro) Dainese jacket and wear draggins for commute which is great however I want to do some trackdays so am shopping around for a cheaper 1 or 2 piece suit (maybe second hand if in good nick, don't wanna throw my new Dainese jacket down when I come off on the track!!) but I have a big problem... I live in Tassie so there is nowhere I can go and try on a suit! Nowhere down here carries anything near my size and won't order without a deposit, which is fair enough for these little shops. I would like to buy off ebay or onlinefor the savings but am not really game without trying something on! May have to resort to a weekend in Melbourne which adds a couple hundred bucks on :nopity:

So in summary, if you are say 6ft2 and over, what size suit do you have? do you have trouble finding a fit? What brands are comfy?

Thanks heaps!

2. Why not get something custom made by Tiger Angel or similar. I'm taller than you and considerably heavier and gave up mucking around with off-the-shelf, when it matters, years ago.
  3. Hey all,

Thanks very much for your great responses, looks like a couple of promising options! I have heard great things about Collins Leather, does anyone have any personal experience with http://www.jacksonracing.com.au/ or http://mdleathers.com/ ? Both look pretty good for the prices!

Thanks again, this forum is great! =D>
  4. Ive had some dealings with Michael at MD Leathers.
    Decent enough guy.
    However sport suits arent really his forte.
    TBH, Id be looking at the other three for a set of racing leathers.
  5. I had e-mail communications with Jackson leathers and they were quite helpful. I wanted a perforated suit and they didn't have much so I ended up getting a Joe Rocket suit from a Peter Stevens sale.