Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leather Stretching

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by blentley, Nov 15, 2007.

1. hi all,
    i'm quite new to the motorcycle scene, and i tried on some alpinestars leathers (jackets and pants) today. i went for the tighter fitting styles.
    anyway the salesperson said that they would stretch. so i was just wondering is the stretch quite noticeable, or is it more like the leather becoming slightly less stiff (since it's new)

2. All your leathers will strech noticeably, gloves jacket pants etc. When I purchased my jacket it was a touch too tight but now it fits like a glove. Remember that you want a well fitting jacket because otherwise you will be riding down the highway wearing a sail.
  3. Normal rule of thumb is that it should feel like one size to small when you buy it new.
    Takes about a month of wearing for it to form fit.
  4. . ... ... depending on the 'form', that is :LOL: :LOL:.
  5. I stretch my leathers all the time, especially when I put them on after eating junk food and drinking beer all weekend!! :LOL: :cool:

No seriously, leathers feel very tight when you first get them, then they mould to your form. Good leathers shouldn't go baggy either.

:grin: :cool:
  6. ohk it's been noted
    thanks for the replies everyone