Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

leather pants and seat sliding

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by WeeBubba, Jul 21, 2010.

1. hi

i didnt feel protected enough wearing regular jeans so i bought some RJAYS leather pants the other day.

the problem that i am experiencing is that my bum seems to slide around on the GS500 seat now. sometimes when i brake for the first time after setting off i slide forward towards the tank. the problem is also happening when i am at a stop or slow manoevring. for example, the other day i did a headcheck before setting off and my bum slid a bit nearly causing me to lose balance.

i feel a lot more protected with the leathers on. but at the same time i have lost a bit of confidence now with my bum slipping and sliding on the seat a bit.

is this normal, should i be spraying something on the seat or rubbing it with surfboard wax or something?

thanks for any advice
  2. Huh!?...leather grips a seat WAY better than anything else. You didn't put armorall or mr sheen on your seat did you???

Put nothing on yr seat or clean it off if you did! Perhaps leather cleaner- NOT conditioner!
  3. Tried cutting holes in your pants and letting your bare cheeks do the gripping?

4. hi mate, dont remember putting anything on, on the other hand i waxed the petrol tank a couple of weeks ago praps a bit of wax got onto the seat maybe??? whats the best way to get the seat gripping again?
  5. Umm... Refer my last line ;-)..

6. yup. clean your seat. :)
  7. I find leathers make it harder to grip the tank with legs. Some stomp grip things would do the trick and I'd go that option if I was tracking it often.
  8. gotcha :oops: