Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leather or Textile?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by HeavyNinja, Apr 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ok guys I am 2wks away from my practical exam. I have no intention of failing. My question relates to gear. At the moment I ride with dririder rally x jacket, rst boots, ixon rs grip hp gloves and I just wear jeans.

Now I am going to get some kevlar jeans in a week or two. My question about gear relates to where I will be riding.

Most of my rides will be 110kph, then I have twisty forrest roads etc. I am not sure if my gear (jacket and pants) is really ideal for the speeds and roads I will travel and just wanted to hear thoughts. Obviously, leather is not cheap, so textile is the first thing that comes to mind, but will textile save my skin in a slide at 110kph+

Any thoughts be appreciated.

2. I don't mean to be an arse, but I'm going to be an arse. There's 2 threads currently hitting the front page, bursting with popularity regarding this exact topic and have enough information for you to make informed choices. Perhaps a little read will answer your question.

3. I didn't see them. Appologies and being an arse is fine as I too would have posted the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm glad you've narrowed it down to a straightforward scenario. Leather provides the best abrasion resistance. Usually.
    If that's what concerns you most, the choice is quite simple.
    We don't need to complicate things up every time.

• Like Like x 1