Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leather lined jeans

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Masakali, Sep 9, 2012.

1.  Top
  2.  Top
  3. Seem to be designed for people who want to wear leather, but want to keep the fact secret from everyone else.

There's something strangely unnerving about that....

4. Why not?

5. oh you can wash it - if you are happy to have it as stiff as a board - like a leather chamois not kept moist

then after washing you could turn them inside out and rub dubin etc all over them to soften them again

6. Probably be easier to just rub dubin all over your legs instead.....

Edit: Of course that assumes the tanned side of the hide actually faces inwards, and is exposed. If it's sandwiched between layers of fabric or has the rawhide facing in then softening's going to be somewhat difficult.

7. As a poor boy a'motorcyclin' I made my own budget Draggins: patches of leather sewn inside of jeans in imitation of my mate's genuine article. Good (albeit hand-) stitching too, with a leather all and serious thread. I got bagged out for it on here but I'm tough: the kids at school picked on me for my, again poor boy, hand-chiseled cricket bat (4x2)! :LOL:

Based on my experience my first reaction is that kevlar is more comfortable than leather: kevlar breathes.

8. I take it you didn't use perforated leather?

9. ^ No, I kept it pretty simple, just some thick leather off-cuts for a few dollars. But that would have helped no doubt. It wasn't too big a problem anyway, the breathing issue (better still than leather pants).