Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leather Jacketshop

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by jhammy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. So i'm thinking of getting some gear to do me for track days as well as just using the jacket as a replacement for mine as it's borderline too short, and if I ever have an off the idea of lower back road rash is not a comforting one.

I'm thinking of the following as its great value, and looks nice.. http://www.leatherjacketshop.com.au...ycle-white-and-blue-biker-leather-jacket.html
    ... and there are also leather pants that go with it.

So my main questions is, has anyone used Leather Jacket Shop before, and how good is their stuff?

Also there is the option of soft and stiff cow hide, but is there a noticeable difference? and is the soft one going to be less protection?

2. wow, that looks really shit
  3. Reading their "about us" page and looking at the photos makes me think it is a good example of getting what you pay for, but I could be wrong. If no one gives you decent info, why not buy one a post a review (money back guarantee by the looks of it)?
  4. important thing is to have it at least double stitched. I wouldn't ride on the road in that one, let alone on a track. it also needs to zip to your pants for the track.
    save up and buy something decent.
  5. It's utter garbage. We get bombarded by emails every week from companies in Pakistan selling that shit. These companies who import this crap and spout on about being "proudly australian" are ruining the market.

Like twistingo says - save up and buy something decent.
  6. Yea, I wanted something at a decent price, which is why I asked you guys 1st, cuz I don't want some crap that's going to fall apart, and this site wasn't giving me a feeling of confidence that this stuff was genuine quality.

I'm in no rush but I'd like to feel I was getting a bargain which is why I asked the question.
  7. I recently got fitted at Tiger Angel in North Melbourne. A bit pricy but if you want great quality you get what you pay for.

8. What are you going to do if you buy a different bike in a couple of years?
    Gear with bike brands and models on them never seem like a good idea to me
  9. How much did you pay? I'm happy to pay a good price, I just want to make sure i'm getting good value for money. Shame the place isn't in Sydney. Seems like there is more in Melborne for bikers than up here :(

Well i'm planning on keeping my R1 as just a track bike when I eventually buy another bike. And everytime you buy a new bike, it's really hard to resist the temptation of investing in some nice new gear too ;)
  10. Totally out of left field, but whenever I read the title for this thread, for some reason I always read "Leather Jockstrap"

And then get quite disappointed when I discover the truth.
  11. did you have a jockstrap you wanted to recommend?
  12. it may be worth contacting Peter Stevens in Adelaide (08 8212 1494) they are having a renovation sale. 20% off everything, (in the warehouse section). even if it was already on sale. i just (an hour ago) picked up a DAINESE CHIOTO jacket for $360.00 there were retailing for over $850.00
  13. I figured this one probably has a multitude of uses. And I am almost positive no-one will laugh at you wearing it.
  14. Funny enough, I have to go to Adeliade with work next week for a few days. I'll rock in there and see what they've got left.

Looks like some good abrasion protection too. I hear the best ones are second hand. Nothing like having someone else wear it in for you.
  15. ROFL!

I'll remember to wear it next time, if I have an off, I'll try to get my crotch to slide along the road. Maybe I better think of Angelina Jolie at the same time, get some more ground clearance.
  16. I reckon you would look like a tool in it.
  17. :rofl:

My thoughts exactly
  18. I am paying $1400. But I consider this price well worth the money. This product is fantastic.