Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leather jacket for a skinny guy

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Zenkiri, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Hi guys. I'm in the market for a leather jacket so I can be a bit more ready for the cooler times ahead here in QLD.

I went to a store today with a mate to go look around at bikes and gear and found out I'm a size 42 in the jacket I really want, The Alpinestars Jaws but it wasn't in my preferred color (Black & White) and I thought that I might find it cheaper else where.

I've been looking around on websites trying to find a store that sells that jacket in my size for a cheaper price with no avail though I did in deed find a cheaper price. All of the sites seem to have 46 as the minimum and the 46 was too big on me.

So I'm looking for suggestions on jackets I should look into weather it be the same brand or other brands just so I can get a general idea of what to check out.

Was looking to spend around $500 at most.
  2. Hamburgers are cheaper. Get stuck into a few of them, and the 46 will fit you just fine.
  3. Haha I wish, I'm the kind of guy that can eat as much as he wants but never gains weight.
  4. You absolute horrible mongrel bar steward! I can read about lettuce in a magazine and put on weight.

Presume you've checked online shops like revzilla, bike bandit etc?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I have the same problem, I'm pretty tall as well, I have to go a 52 (in Dainese) in get the length.

The bigger problem for me is finding pants that fit (long and skinny legs but need a lot more room than most in the groin region :D ).
  6. lol. i used to be similar, until i just ate more. do the kfc 3 pce feed, upsized, every day for a month, chase it with a couple beers each time. and get back to me. :)
    or 1.5-2 dominos pizzas, has the same result.

sorry got off topic...
    regarding jacket, sorry cant help you. lol. i finally ended up going to Gimoto for a perfect fit but doubt urs would be under $500.
  7. Hahaha I'd love to see that. I just checked revzilla and bike bandit and they don't have the Jaws in 42 but they have a few other ones in 42 but I don't know how comfortable they are which is a bummer.
  8. Mate, check out www.ricondi.com.au and give Andrew a call he'll help you out.

I have the evo jacket (old model) and it's perforated with a zip out liner that is for the cooler months. It is a really comfy jacket. If you don't want to buy online you can go to him and try the stuff on.
  9. I'm confused. Do you mean 42 US? That's 52 euro.
  10. This what you're after deadsy? ..... Didn't work, was freddy mercury.
  11. 42 US sorry for not mentioning that.

I just came across a US site that ships to Aus called Riders Discount they seem to have the Perforated Jaws jacket in my size but with the company being in the US I'm kind of skeptical.

Knowing my luck I might get the wrong one or a defective one.