Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Leasing from a dealer

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Big W, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Looking at buying a bike from a dealer and one of the financing options is leasing it from them (minimum 2 years from memory).

Has anyone ever leased from a dealer? I currently lease my car (salary sacrifice) through my employer but they won't lease a motorcycle. So, I'm wondering if it'd be much different leasing from the dealer insted?

Experiences/advice apreciated.

2. Hey there...Check this LINK

Platinum Direct Finance do Novated lease for bikes and if your employer is ok with it, you can technically get the bike through them.

3. Thanks LL. That looks good! I doubt whether my employer would go for it though, simply coz it's different and they've never done this before!

But, you never know!!!

4. You're right - you never know till you find out.

From an organisation's viewpoint - a novated lease is a novated lease so there shouldn't be a problem but you never know. :D

5. IF you can claim the bike as a tax deduction you can do a lease from the dealer. Differnce is work does not get involved.

You will need to do a log book to work out the percentage of work km's v private.
    Doing a comercial or consumer lease has differnt intrest rates and some terms and condition and they add a baloon payment at the end. in the end its your choice how you finance the bike and what you claim. Check with your accountant as well

• Like Like x 1
  6. Isn't a motorcycle classed as a luxury item when it comes to tax..?