Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

learner rider newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by CrisisBiker, Jan 7, 2015.

1. hi all,
    i recently got my Ls and a 2001 VTR 250! Looking forward to getting out on the road very soon, just need a new rear tyre which will be a Pirelli Sport Demon. Noticed there is a Learner friendly ride coming up around the Bay, looks good to me. Netrider looks like an awesome place to get started!

2. Welcome to nr and yes, there are rides that are fun with experienced riders out there
  3. welcome aboard :]
  4. Welcome to a lifetime of addiction!
  5. Thanks for the warm welcome gents! I have been for my first ride, stalled a couple of times (haha) but am already feeling the addiction coming on. Bike is getting serviced this week so I can feel confident it will be safe to ride! New tyres and most likely a chain.
  6. Thanks mate, I will be heading along to the Saturday Skills Session soon once I get the bike back from the mechanics and the Bay Ride looks good but may not be entirely 'ready' for that one.
  7. Hi MAVP, welcome.
    I saw your other post in the mentor thread. There are a few guys on your side of town that may be happy to help.
    We also have many business' and friends listed under the business providers who can supply gear cheaper than some retailers, or offer specials for members.
    Check out MMTS for a good deal on a tyre.
  8. Hi MAVPMAVP. How's riding going with you after a few months?
  9. Hey MAVP welcome to the site. You are right when you said Netrider is an awesome place to get started. There are plenty of people on here who will help you out with any questions you have, and places to ride