Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

learner/probationary ride events

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by fastkid, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Hi I just wanted to know if there is any ride events or cruisers for the young and new to motorbikes. I live in melbourne, any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

2. ok thanx for that
  3. ..and welcome to Netrider, too :grin:

You must have started young to be on an RGV 250 at 20 years old??!!
  4. lol well um actually i got my L's 5 months ago and got the RGV 4 months ago. Before any of that I have never riden or ever had experiance with one. And no i wont become a statistic!
  5. I didn't know that RGV250 was learner legal in Vic.
  6. i had a TZR250 which is almost the same..just faster :D and was learner legal.

hey fast kid, im from weribee as you can see in the avy so if your close i wouldnt mind a cruising partner. plus i love two strokes so you gotta give me a shot. i get my new bike early this week (wednesday at the latest i hope) so maybe on the weekend if weather permits we can cacth up and go for a cruise.

7. Everything is learner legal in Vic as long as it doesn't exceed 260cc
  8. :idea: ha if you wanna go for a ride jus t post a time and meating point with plenty of time and any one interested will let you know if thay can make it :newb: :biker: but remember :inquisition:
  9. I'm in the same boat as you "fastkid". I ride a rgv and have only been riding on the road for 6months.
    Just join any rides advertised, all the other riders are great guys and are keen to help out the younger kiddies.
    So join the learning curve
  10. All you newbies will find that once the weather improves we do, do alot of L/P plate friendly rides targeted specificaly at you guys.
    Where we try to have a mix of 3 newbies to one 'oldie' :wink:

as its been said just keep an eye on the EVENTS calender :)
  11. Thanx natta, I will keep an eye out. Cheers.
  12. Hi Steve, as well as rides organised by individuals here on Netrider there are also instructed rides organised by the Shire of Yarra Ranges in conjunction with HART. http://www.yarraranges.vic.gov.au/Page/page.asp?Page_Id=1776&h=1
    They will resume later in the year when the weather picks up. Keep an eye on the Ride and events calendar.