Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Learner Plates supervision.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by CelticKnight, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not sure if this has been asked before, But if someone in QLD or WA gets thier Ls, can a licensed rider (full R class) follow the learner ride on a Moped?

    I ask this because there are few actual motorbikes in town, and I'm trying to learn, and i happen to own a moped and a XR250 (road legal).

    Can I give the moped to a friend and practice riding around my town? There isnt any zones in town that the bike will actually legally be allowed to go faster then the moped (its a small town...).

    Any ideas? anyone on netrider a cop or somebody in the know?

  2. In QLD it doesn't matter what you're following with, you just need to be following behind, fully licensed for more than 1 year and be able to see the learner at all times.

    Also can't sit on the pillion seat..

    If you wanted to follow behind in a car thats also legal.

    I can't say what WA will be like but it should be at least similar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.