Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Learner on a 600

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by alxo, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Hey,
    Does anyone know the penalty for a learner/Probationary riding a CBR600F4i in Vic? I can't get the info anywhere..

Thanks heaps

2. You have the advantage of being licenced, but riding out of class. An unlicenced rider - without even a learners is another story - take care of insurance claims too and the posiblity of "manslaughter" if you kill someone in the process

3. it depends by how much you were speeding at the time........

4. Assuming I am not speeding, what is the fine? do I lose my license? I did'nt think insurance was an option.

5. I think you get fined as though you are an unlicensed rider

6. I would guess a demerit point and a fine. This all depends on what licence number that can allocate it to eg a class C

7. I Think I'll step aside now...all yours Martyh :shock:

8. Thanks for the info.. Only 105 and No demerit!.. how do you know this?

9. It's correct, due to a 'loophole' in the road safety act where motorcycles are excluded from the definition of "high powered vehicle" otherwise it would be 3 demerit points. A friend used to do this and copped a couple of fines. He thought it was worth it. Like has been said though, the riders bike and other people's property aren't covered by any insurance though. If a riders runs into me without insurance, they'll need the TAC coverage :evil:

10. ppfftt, who in their right mind would ride up into the twisties, run off the road and hit a bike that is lying on the gravel :D

11. Move to Qld, do q ride, get your opens, then move back to victoria :p

12. Move to NSW and ride a LAMS bike, legal then :)

13. Similar topic:

Are two-stroker 250s allowed on restrictions?

I heard somewhere that they're not because of the power/weight ratio. FWIW, I'm in Victoria.

(nearly dead-set on saving my pennies and getting a RS250. Sure, it's not a commuter... but so much fun)

14. No power/weight ratio for motorcycles in Victoria. Stipulation is that it must be less than 260cc

15. Pardon my ignorance.........what is TAC?

Thnx!!!

16. http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/

Approx. $320 of your annual registration goes to them for your personal (and 3rd party personal) injury insurance.

17. ???????????????????? are you serious ? its even on your rego papers under insurance premium.

it the goverments T raffic A ccident C ommission

they pay for all your rehab if you have a major off

:D :p :LOL:

18. the TAC are the mob who put on every second add on telly showing someone killing their family on vacation by falling asleep at the wheel, drink driving, or getting clotheslined by Mick Malthouse.

You can't miss em!