Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Learner Offroad Lessons

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by STC, Jul 16, 2010.

1. I'm not sure if such a service exists but we are in Brisbane and my daughter is wanting to go out west next year and work on a rural station as a gap year. As such she will need to muster on a motorbike. She can't even drive a manual car yet. Any advice on how to get her partly competant before she goes. Thanks

2. Find a friend or a friend of a friend with a farm and a bike..?
  3. i'm a useless teacher, but i'd say if she can ride a pushbike she's on the right track. maybe buy one of those chinese import pitbikes to learn on?
    i can't really say how you could teach her, my only training when i first learned to ride was 'this makes you go, this makes you stop, and stay away from anything which is either harder than you or doesn't move'
  4. http://www.stayupright.com.au/index.htm
    Says they do Off road courses and ATV, if she's going out west, depending on the station, they may, more than likely, use quadbikes.

I'd ring any of these and ask. I'd definitely get at least quad bike training.

Failing that, Buy a 125/150 And put a notice up in your nearest rural area's shop and ask for permission to use a paddock. Depending on where you are in Brisvegas, there are plenty of options.