Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Learner Legal SV650S

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by conspiracytheorist, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Interesting to see if there is a derestriction option available from a dealer.
  2. Well, from the sites write up it appears the only difference to the normal 650 is the ECU's mapping.
    I would dare say switching one over to the standard ECU module will take care of it (as some quick re-tuning).
  3. The standard ECU has small adjustment in it. I'd either say it would need a complete re-program or a new ECU. The latter would be prohibitively expensive. It'd also need the dealer to have a way of marking the bike as non LAM's compliant as well.

Either way, it's a worthy addition to the LAM's stable of bikes.
  4. So now you have a CB400 or a SV650 for $9,990. Jeex learners never had it so good!

Remap the ECU and off ya go, but I reckon it wont be quite that easy??
  5. I reckon it would be, suzuki ecu's are reprogrammable anyway. Suzuki would have a way to change it from restricted to open, so it surely could be done by other tuners.
  6. Oh shit. Oh shit! I was considering this bike as my next one up.

7. GAAAAAAh.
    its $10k tho lol.
    oh so tempting, come 3 months time i have a new job for a while, and sell the VTR, this will do me for a while plus some upgrade fun.

teeempting :LOL: