Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

learner cruiser?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by dreamr, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Hi All

I just got my Ls on Thursday and went looking around for a bike. Tried a few before I saw Kawasaki Eliminator and I think I am in love :grin: Have any of you got thoughts on how appropriate this is for a newbie? I am going back on Monday for another look and testride and maybe buy it so any input would be welcome. ooohh it feels Gooooddd!!
    thanks in advance!

2. Have you ridden any others? Test ride as many as you can. Viragos seem popular around here

3. Thanks for the quick response :)
    Yep, Been to look at every bike I could find in the area. I did like the Virago but that was before I sat on the ELiminator. I was a bit late in the day to take it out which is why I will go back Monday. I also reckoned as I am dumbfool ignorant I'd better get my other half to come with and check it out too! I guess I have to wait till I've done the test ride - I wish they were open on sunday!!

4. got a vt250c goes well for a learner bike but after 2 weeks i reckon it probly wont be long till i need sumthin with a bit more go. but it is a very nice lookin bike.

5. Good suggestion but I can tell you when I got my L's I coulnd't have known the difference between bikes i had enough trouble keeping it going.

Mate if ya love the kwaka and can afford it go for it! The kwaka is a nice looking bike and should be pretty relaiable.

6. Thanks for all the replies.
    I went and got it!!! I am burning to get out on the road now. I can't keep my hands off it!

7. Grats on the bike, its a looker.

8. Yayyy congrats on your new bike

once you have your set on a certain bike
    its hard to notice anything else isnt it??

have fun!!!

Tracey

9. Thanks I will.
    It is hard to concentrate never mind notice anything. I was like a kid on christmas morning - up at 5:30 thinking about it :) It is now sitting in the garage and I can hardly wait for tomorrow. I think I will go and look at it again!