Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Learner biker clocked at 155km/h

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dsyfer, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Love the copy on this one, "Learner biker" not "motorcyclist"

2. i'm a l plater and i have had my bike up and running pretty well
  3. Gotta love reporters...

1. he was seen lane splitting
    2. he was estimated at doing 155km/h (based on time between points presumably)

therefore, he was lane splitting at 155km/h............
  4. I'm pretty sure if he's able to get his lams bike going that fast, it's not defective. :LOL:
    • Like Like x 4
  5. probably fender or exhaust.
  6. Obligatory "He must have gotten stuck in second" post.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Didn't even occur to me.
  8. How strange that the term "biker" was used. This is more a pomie term not an aussie one. Are the media about to label us bikers before then moving on to call us bikies?

Im off to make a hat out of tinfoil now.
  9. #9 Ljiljan, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    My hero.

10. Im not surprised really, ive seen many L's riding way past that mark............disable the limiter and its a breeze, hell even my 125 could do that speed.
  11. Could have been a restricted 650? I know mine can go that fast... Er, a friend told me, I haven't tried it obviously :-s Or perhaps the defect was because he de-restricted it
  12. No problems there.
    I had my GS500F over that speed (stock standard)
  13. if it was for de-restricting it, they would've reported that he was also riding a large capacity bike he wasn't licensed for. (IMO)
  14. Defected? A lams bike that gets up to 155KM/h? My WR450F wont do that without some push and would be wobbly as hell.

Every time I see something about bikes in the news, they always stretch the truth to make them look like outlaws?
  15. plenty of LAMS bikes capable of those speeds (and more)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. My old 07 BMW F650GS can do that, apparently...
  17. Same 8-[
  18. Yerp, had my CBR250 up to 179. (This threads a pissing comp right?)
  19. "a practice known as lane splitting"

Sounds sinister...... almost like "The CIA at Guantanamo Bay used brutal interrogation methods, a practice know as waterboarding..."
  20. Really?

Bike Australia magazine during the 1980's (I think The Bear was the editor at the time) ran a survey to determine whether their readers regarded themselves as 1) Bikies 2) Bikers or 3) Motorcyclists.

The largest respondent group was 2) Bikers and that's still how I think of myself but maybe it's time there was another survey :)